Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Book Club Meeting Today


We had a book club meeting with 10, with a few guests which included Roz, Wendy, Joy, and Rabbi Debbie's daughter.
We had a great discussion with the professor from CCU. He had talked for more than 2 hours. He discussed the book, and Jane Austen's history, discussed the order of things, social class, arranged marriages, how novels were percieved during her time. Etc, Etc.
We would like to thank you Dr. Dennis Enis, for giving up your afternoon and spending time with us. We would like to thank Susan for opening her home to us. Like also Susan you went over and beyond that was expected.
Our next book club pick will be Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. The discussion will be led by Benay Brockman. It will be held in Temple Emanu-El.
Info. is printed in the July/ August bulletin.
I hope all of my book club members will like what you see on the blog I created.
I have been attending a Web Technology Club led by a young man named Dominic it is held at Barnes and Noble. I have been going for over a month.
The blog will have info on the book club. Book news, and I will post book reviews that I have read, Jewish books to watch out for. If anyone would like to post book news, and reviews on books they have read they are welcome.