Monday, February 22, 2010

Shutter Island


I saw Shutter Island this past Friday. It was great despite the movie reviews I saw on the internet. It starred Leonardo Decapio, and Ben Kingsley. It was directed by Scorsee.
I enjoyed this movie. If you like Hitchock movies. You would like it. I went to see this movie with a friend and then with my son, David. I don't want to tell you about the movie because it will ruin it when you go and see it.

I will tell you it takes place on a Island on the Boston Harbor. It is a Psychiatric Hospital for the criminally insane.

It has a gothic feel to the movie.I liked the music. When I watched it I thought the music was fog horns but it was the music. If you like suspense with twist and turns you will like this movie. I also thought that DeCapio now looks his age of 35. The only thing, I felt like if it was not for the twist and turns of the movie, it felt like what was the point. But I did enjoy it for the mystery and suspense.

I did not read the book. I can't compare the movie to book. I wonder if the movie followed the book. If anyone has read the book and seen the movie I would like to hear from you.