Saturday, June 12, 2010

I Must Have Had Head in the Sand

I am reading, and so far enjoying reading Stiltsville by Susana Daniels.
But I am not writing my post as yet. I am writing on my blog, because of a interesting piece of history I did not know about.

I just found out about a place or if you want to call location on Key Biscayne. I am just amazed. Because I lived in Miami Beach, and Miami and Kendall area. I never realized that there was homes scattered off Key Biscayne on the ocean.  I wish I was aware of this. Because I never noticed this. I used to go to the beach all the time in that area.

I asked a friend of mine if she knew of it. She told me yes. She told me you could see it with a naked eye. How in the heck, did I not see it if I went to the beach often.  My girl friend told me it is possible that you were not aware unless you took charter boats, or went fishing, or owned a boat and possibly passed by it.  I feel so ridiculous, I feel like where was I.  Did I have my head in the sand all those years. I am surprised that it is not well known. Even at the public beach, I am surprised that there is not a plaque with  information about Stiltsville.

 I am just amazed that it is not well known. When I went to the beach in the 80's and till the mid 90's there wasn't any mention of this at the beaches at Key Biscayne.  I must not be the only one that did not know about Stiltsville. You can find out more information about Stiltsville on wikpedia, as well as Susanna Daniels the author. I will be posting my comments on her novel.

Look out for my post on Stiltsville in a few days.