Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A World I Never Made:


A World I Never Made by James LePore
The story opens with Pat Nolan recieves a call from the French police to come to France to identify the body of his daughter. He leaves the U.S. to go to France to identify the body. He realizes it is not he's daughter.

He realizes something is wrong. He lies and says that it is his daughter. He goes to search for his daughter. There are alot of clues thrown at him. The clues point him to a convent. Where he is told that he's daughter was pregnant and had a baby. The baby he is told is left outside the convent in the cold to the elements. The baby died. This does not make sense to him. The story goes back and forth in present day with her father's prespective telling the story in 2004, and Megan's story a year before.

There is a love story and emotional guilt felt from the father. This will be explained as the book gets more intense. Pat feels alot guilt and shame how he treated his daughter and and wife. He feels it is his fault that everything has befallen her and why they are not close as father and daughter.

Later on when Megan becomes a adult she travels and becomes a journalist. The last assignment is where we find Megan in Morrocco where she is doing research for her story. This is where she meets a business man (she thinks), he's name is Lahani.


This is where the story gets interesting.

She falls in love with Lahani. She finds that she is pregnant. He already knows that she is pregnant. This puts her in danger. She realizes, later who he really is.

SPOILER:Don't read any further if you intend to read the book.

She overhears that he will kill her after she has the child. She realizes that her life is in danger, and she needs to get out of Morrocco before he kills her and for the safety of her unborn child.


This is as far as I am going to tell the story because it will ruin it for you.
I will just say that I enjoyed the book. This was a page flipper. I just couldn't stop once I was half way into the book. I loved the story. There were twists and turns at every corner. Once you thought you knew what was going to happen. It turned into a domino effect. The author did his homework when he did the research on the story.

I most likely would not have picked up this book because it brought up memories of 9/11. But, I am not sorry that I read it. It made my heart thump a extra beat. I would like to thank Julie at FSB for allowing me to review A World I Never Made. Anybody looking to read this casually will be not able to sleep and will keep the pages turning.