Thursday, November 19, 2009

Checking In


I am reading Dead Weight by Batt Humphreys but I was unable to finish it yet. It is a page turner. I can't wait to finish it so I can write my thought on my blog. I have been able to read because of school. But starting next Tuesday I will have some time to dedicate to reading and my blog.

I am excited I have been in touch with Batt Humphreys, the author of Dead Weight. He is a local author from outside Charleston. He is coming to Barnes and Noble on December 6th. The good news is, After the book event at Barnes and Noble he will be stopping at the membership tea we were having that day.






I wanted to have him come out to lunch with my book club and my group of friends. But most of them would be at the tea. Some quick thinking, on my part I had come up with a plan.

Mr. Humphreys has agreed to come after the BN book event to come to our tea. I can't believe a author would do this and take the time to come to talk to us after. This is gracious of him.

When I started communicating with him when he and he's publicist were planning the book event at BN he asked me what day woudl be better. To ask me, I am sure he is so busy. This was so touching, don't you think?? Top it off he is not getting paid for this.

The organization, will not allow him to solicit his book during our tea. So, this is out of the kindness of his heart( but spreading the word about his book helps).

This is fantastic, and awesome. There are not many book events down here in SC. Up north there is more opprotunity for them.
I am excited to meet Batt.

He has written a book based on fact of a murder that takes place in Charleston. The book is called Dead Weight.I read already half of it and it is easy to read. It is like reading a newspaper article. I am not reading it for literary reading. But the historical background and culture of Charleston, SC in the turn of the century. I am enjoying reading the book. I will let you know what I think after I finish the book.

Now, I need to get back to studying. Just thought I would check in and let everyone know what is going on. Wish me luck on my exam. This is going to be a hard exam. It is on the brain. I thought the muscle was hard. The nervous System is double the studying time. What was worse was we only had a day to study the brain. It is just alot of info. to study in a short time. I will let you all know after my practical how I did on my exam.

See you all soon.