Friday, February 24, 2012

Empire State: Book Review



Empire State
By Jason Shiga


Empire State is the story about a young man, that lives in California.
He's friend is moving to NYC, to pursue a job in publishing. He realizing she is more than a friend. It is the story of both friends realizing that there is more to their relationship then he thought.  When they are long distance, he realizes how much she meant to him. So, what do you think he does......

This is a cute story, this is the first time I am reading a graphic novel.  Most graphic novels that I know of, are from the old cartoons of Spiderman, and Superman.  This is a different kind of novel for me. Most people think the same thing of the comic strips, not realizing some of the graphic books are different than they used to be.

I did have fun reading this story, I am a much older person. It was fun reading, out of my comfort zone. It is different reading a book in one sitting.  Fun to wiz right through in one evening.  If you never attempted to read one, I encourage you to try it out.  It will give you a connection to something to talk about to your children, and your grandchildren. But, also to be a little different, and try something different.